Listen to Episode 37 of the Sports Philanthropy Podcast as long time sports talk radio personality Mitch Nelles sits down with our host Roy Kessel to talk about how athletes can make more of an impact in their community and some of the challenges that he sees with helping athletes accomplish these goals.
Having worked in sports radio and having the opportunity to interact with and interview numerous sports personalities, Mitch recently launched the “It’s All Thunder” Podcast on the iHeart Radio App, making it available to over 120 Million people.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM MITCH’S PODCAST
- 00:30 Background in the radio industry
- 02:40 How he prepared himself for radio and go the opportunity
- 12:00 Athletes working to make an impact
- 13:00 Why more athletes need to collaborate with their team foundation
- 19:00 Getting athletes to understand how to give back
- 23:15 Drawbacks of athletes starting their own foundations
- 27;45 Challenges he sees for athletes in philanthropy
- 32:20 Issues impacting athlete’s ability to contribute
- 36:30 Problems in NCAA sports
- 41:00 Changes Mitch would make in the sports landscape
Make sure you take a chance to listen to the “ITS ALL THUNDER” podcast on the iHeart Radio Network.