Chris Draft, Player Development Ambassador for the NFL and founder of the Chris Draft Family Foundation sits down with our host Roy Kessel. Chris talks about his work with NFL players as well as how he is transforming the face of the lung cancer battle in the U.S.
HIGHLIGHTS FROM CHRIS’ PODCAST
- 00:52 Chris’ background and how he became interested in philanthropy
- 04:00 Why he chose Stanford and the biggest factors in that decision making process
- 07:15 Suggestions for picking a university while you are being recruited
- 10:00 Adapting to new NFL cities
- 13:30 Challenge of identifying which community you are serving when your facilities are far outside of the NFL city.
- 17:10 Role of an NFL Ambassador
- 20:15 Importance of players having people around them that will give them the straight scoop
- 22:30 Andrew Luck decision
- 28:03 Lung Cancer battle
- 30:00 Fighting for other people to change the face of the lung cancer conversation
- 31:30 Importance of early detection and screenings (even for non-smokers)
- 33:30 Other risk factors for lung cancer
- 42:20 Chris as NFL Commissioner and rule he would change