COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Resources
As we all know, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has played havoc on every level of sports. While none of us have any idea how long the threat will continue, nor how long the drastic quarantine measures will take place, we want to provide you with some resources that might be useful for your athletes and your organizations during this time.
We will continue to add resources to this page as they become available. If you have additional resources that you would like us to share, please forward them via email to Roy Kessel at rkessel@SportsLoop.com
RESOURCES FOR ATHLETES AND ACTIVITIES
- March 20, 2020—Athletes for Hope release ideas on “How To Give Back During COVID-19”
- PCA: Maintaining Connection Despite Coronavirus —
- —Free Start Smart Baseball At Home! Program
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty —
- Coronavirus Brings Added Worries for People with Disabilities —
- PCA: Dealing with Disappointment During Coronavirus Cancellations, Postponements —
Playworks: Play at Home Series
Playworks is eager to announce their Play at Home series to support kids’ healthy movement and play while school-age students are home. They are now, more than ever, committed to responding to the need for continued healthy activities at home through several resources they are offering for free:
- Play at Home Webpage: A library of videos and other resources featuring games and activities families can play at home. Each meeting the CDC requirements of social distancing and limited equipment. All available free on the Play at Home webpage
- Play at Home Playbook: This game guide has a variety of games and activities families can do in their own home, with little to no equipment necessary.
- Live Virtual Recess: A Playworks Coach leading a morning warm-up, a midday game, and an afternoon cooldown each day. Anyone can tune into Facebook Live Monday- Friday at 12pm, 2pm, and 4pm EST (please note the time zones) and play along.
Youtube: Playworks Games
UPCOMING WEBINARS FROM OTHER PARTIES
- Tuesday, March 31 at 12 pm ET – Board Chairs Zoom Call with Nanette
Fridman. Bring your questions, challenges and tips! https://zoom.us/meeting/register/v5csdumqqjgrlDXvGEB62IrzF8Wj0o8IJg
- Friday, April 3 at 12 pm ET – Coaching During COVID-19: Management Strategies To Build Trust, Deepen Engagement, and Optimize Talent with Kelly Segal of Kelly Segal Consulting
- Friday, April 10 at 12 pm ET – Corporate Fundraising – Now What? with Melissa Radin Goldstone of Freestyle Strategy https://zoom.us/meeting/register/uZwpceqvqjopGAopXw3LSBE2Qc5_q_uOOg
RESOURCES FOR EDUCATION
RESOURCES FOR TRAININGS
- How to Train At Home (Team Snap) —
- Free Coaching Session Courtesy of Giving Tree Associates–To sign up for a coaching session, click here. We will do our best to match you with a consultant who has expertise in your organization’s focus area. If you or members of your team have questions, concerns or thoughts to share, please do not hesitate to reach out. We’re looking forward to navigating this challenging time together.
- Grant resources for artists and art-related nonprofits https://wbur.fm/2QIo5wr
Deadline-specific grants from Grant Station https://grantstation.com/covid19fundingsopps
AARP’s Community Challenge, due May 15 https://www.aarp.org/livable-communities/community-challenge/info-2020/2020-challenge.html
Emergency grants from the Dunkin’ Joy in Childhood Foundation https://www.joyinchildhoodfoundation.org/what-we-do/our-work/covid19grants/
SBA low-interest loans with quick turn-around https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela